Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Coconut Syrup

I have experimented to get this one just right, just in time for the holidays. This syrup turns out so creamy white it will remind you of snow, yet so coconutty you'll wish you were in Tonga.
1 can coconut cream (14 oz./400 ml)
2 cups white sugar
¼ cup water
Heat these ingredients together, stirring occasionally, until boiling. Cool. This makes a delicious, tropical syrup for pancakes. Store in refrigerator. The cream floats to the top, but shakes up well.

2 comments:

  1. Mom, this looks so good! We're going to a waffle party on Christmas Eve and this will be perfect. So while you're dreaming of a white Christmas we'll be enjoying a taste of the tropics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! I wanted you to post this. I took a picture of it for you, if you want to add it. :)

    ReplyDelete