Friday, May 22, 2009

Chili Lime Burritos

This is Heidi's recipe I just cut and pasted; Nate and I made this recently and both really liked it.

Chili Lime Burritos

Chili lime “meat” filling
  • 1 c. walnuts
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp dried cilantro (coriander powder)
  • 1 ½ tsp chili powder
  • 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 Tbsp lime juice (half a lime)
  • ¼ tsp salt
PULSE (don't just turn it on and let it go until it purees) in Food processor (S-blade) until it looks like ground beef


Salsa (Pico De Gallo)
  • 3-4 roma tomatoes, coarsely chopped
  • ½ bunch fresh cilantro (washed)
  • ½ medium onion, coarsely chopped
  • 1 small jalepeno (I always seed them to reduce spice)
  • PULSE in food processor until chunky consistency

guacamole
  • 2 ripe avacadoes
  • pinch of salt
  • ¼ c. salsa (above)


Wrap in tortilla and serve with extra toppings:
lettuce, sprouts
green onions
olives (except who in this world likes olives? ew.)
we've also used black beans and rice

No comments:

Post a Comment