Friday, May 15, 2009

Welsh Cakes

If you've never had this tasty breakfast treat, you're in for a surprise. These are pretty yummy, but we usually kept them for more special occasions. I've added in parentheses some obvious replacements for making these vegan. Sorry for no pictures on this one (I even had some from our anniversary last year, but they somehow got deleted in my camera)

CUT together the following:
2 c. flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 square margarine (or soy butter)


Then Blend in:
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. raisins (optional)
1 c. milk (soy or regular)
2 eggs (or egg replacer...we love EnerG brand, which is also a great food storage item)

Roll to 1/2 inch thick.  (I never have that thick of dough to actually roll it) make small pancakes (about 2 inches in diameter) on a flat, greased griddle using a low temperature (275 degrees). Sprinkle/top with powdered sugar and serve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment