Wednesday, September 16, 2009

No-Boil Lasagna

I know Heidi already put a lasagna recipe on here, but can one have too many? This is really yummy. It's a few more steps than the one she put on but I promise it's worth it.



Ingredients:
  • 1 16-oz. pkg. lasagna noodles
  • 1 qt. spaghetti sauce (that's 32 oz in case you didn't know and have to google it like me)
  • 1 lb. ground beef
  • 1 c. water
  • 1 15-oz. container cottage or ricotta cheese
  • 1 egg beaten
  • 8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/3 c. water
  • 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese
  • 1 T. parsley flakes
  • dash nutmeg
  • 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
Put hamburger, sauce, and 1 c. water in saucepan and bring to a boil.

In large bowl mix cottage cheese, egg, mozzarella cheese, 1/3 c. water, 1/4. c. Parmesan cheese, parsley flakes and nutmeg.

To assemble:
1 2/3 c. hot sauce
lasagna noodles
1/2 cheese mixture
repeat layers

(I usually have sauce left over, so I do one more layer of sauce, then:) Sprinkle with 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil and bake @ 375 for about 40 min. Remove foil and bake 15 minutes. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment