Saturday, January 8, 2011

Curry in a Hurry?

I love the book "I Dare You to Eat It" because it has been helping me plan meals using my food storage and, novel to me... plan my meals! So last night I got home around 7 and had to make a quick meal plus put Aaron to bed. This recipe was not only a life-saver, but Adam said it was "the best meal [he's] had in a long time!" It is easily converted to vegan or vegetarian, and uses canned, frozen, or fresh items.

Coconut Beef Curry

1 can beef chunks
1 can coconut milk
1 can diced potatoes
1 can sliced carrots
1 can peas
2 T. flour
4 t. curry powder
1/4 t. ground red pepper
1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup mix

cilantro, chopped

Combine everything but the cilantro in a medium pot (drain vegetables). Simmer for 10 minutes and serve over hot rice, garnished with fresh, chopped cilantro. *I also added coconut and peanuts to ours. Adam said, "Wow! This just went from a meal that I like a lot to a meal that I really want to eat a lot of!" So there you have it. Easy easy easy and amazing.


Oh, and I used frozen ingredients this time but the author of the book says it is a great way to disguise canned vegetables. Good, since I hate them and wouldn't know what to do with them in my food storage without recipes like this.

1 comment: