Sunday, April 3, 2011

Chex Lemon Buddies

Ashlyn and I made these last night while Joey and Nate were at Conference. I must say, it's delightful. If you like lemon this is a delicious snack, and it's pretty rich so you won't eat as many as you can with muddy buddies. I recommend just making a half batch. And sorry there's no better picture of the finished product.

Ingredients:
  • 9 cups rice Chex cereal
  • 1 1/4 c. white chocolate chips
  • 1/4 c. butter
  • 4 tsp. grated lemon peel
  • 2 T. fresh lemon juice
  • 2 c. powdered sugar
Microwave chocolate chips, butter, lemon peel and juice uncovered on high for 1 minute; stir. Microwave ~30 seconds longer or until smooth. Pour over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.

Put cereal into 2-gallon ziplock bag and pour in powdered sugar. Shake until well coated.

Spread on wax paper or foil to cool. Store in air-tight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment