Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Pesto Pasta

We've tried this Engine 2 recipe a couple times. I'd give it a 4 out of 5 stars. It's also good the next day cold, though, so maybe I'll give it an extra point since you can get two meals out of it.

ingredients:

  • 3 cloves garlic
  • 1 c. home-toasted walnuts (just heat on skillet with a bit of Braggs Liquid Aminos)
  • 3 bunches or 2 c. fresh basil, packed
  • 1/2 c. soy milk or water

  • 16 oz. bow tie (or any other kind) pasta
Blend the garlic and nuts briefly in a food processor. Add the basil and liquid, and process to a thick consistency. Toss well with the pasta.

As a general cooking policy, I add salt (to everything). This is also good as a dip/spread for triscuits or other salty crackers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment