Monday, June 24, 2013

"Better"finger Bars

This is a recipe from chocolatecoveredkatie.com.  here is the link to the actual recipe, and I'd highly recommend her whole website. I've loved everything I've tried of hers.

I've made this more times than I can count now and it's always a big hit. It tastes crunchy and flaky like a real Butterfinger only there's nothing in there that makes me feel sick. (Eat the whole pan--and you'll want to--and that's likely a different story.) I also love that it's quick and easy to make.

Here's how you do it:

Boil on medium heat in small saucepan, stirring constantly:

  • 1/4 c. agave
  • 1 T. molasses
  • 3 1/2 T. xylitol or sugar or evaporated cane juice
Remove from heat and add PB and salt until it makes a paste. 
  • 1 c. peanut butter
  • 1 /8 tsp. salt
Add cereal and stir very well to coat, partially crushing flakes as you stir. Evenly coat the flakes. 
  • 1 1/2 c. bran flakes (I use the Trader Joe's brand so there's no junk in here, either)

optional topping:
  • 2/3 c. chocolate chips OR 
  • 1/4 c. virgin olive oil with 1/4 c. coca powder and liquid sweetener to taste (ex: liquid stevia drops)
Press into an 8x8 pan, lined or greased, and freeze until hardened. 

No comments:

Post a Comment