I know most of you already have a system figured out, but since there are lots of babies around our family I thought I'd still post this. Every time I go to buy baby food at the store I just can't do it because it's so expensive. Nate and I love doing it ourselves; it's been really empowering to do it ourselves and save money as well as know that what we're feeing Reuben is the very best. I didn't do it with Ashlyn but now that I know how easy it is I wish I had!
and this is green beans after being re-heated from the freezer. The cream-of-wheat-looking stuff is actually barley cereal. We just ground it up in the wheat grinder and mix it with boiling water, let it swell for 20 minutes and add a drop of flax seed oil. We've discovered that we even like cream of wheat, cream of millet (high in iron!) and cream of barley. Not so big on cream of rice but Reuben sure is. I've also learned that Ashlyn loves sweet potato ice cubes.
sweet potato ice cubes, huh? well now i know what to send her for christmas! haha just kidding. and i dont have any babies right now...but maybe i'll try it someday :)
ReplyDelete