This is a sweet oatmeal recipe that reminds me a lot of the baked oatmeal recipe we have floating around the family. But this one takes a lot less work and I think is probably a bit less sugary. It's another one from Deceptively Delicious. We actually doubled it for our family and I'm glad we did; we ate it all.
- 1 c. milk
- 1/4 c. packed brown sugar
- 1/4 c. canned pumpkin or sweet potato puree
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 1 c. old-fashioned oats
- 2 tsp. natural peanut butter (optional)
- dried fruit and nuts (optional)
In small saucepan, combine the milk, sugar, pumpkin, vanilla, if using, and spice. Bring to a gentle boil and stir in the oatmeal. Reduce the heat and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, until the oatmeal is soft and creamy. Stir in the peanut butter, if using (we didn't try this but I think it would be good).
Spoon the oatmeal into bowls and sprinkle with nuts and dried fruit. Serve warm with maple syrup (we just put a tiny bit of milk in).
Who knew you were such a delicious cook! Yum! Also, I totally forgot you were in NH. We've been there since our move and simply love it. Same to you if you ever want to come to the city! We love visitors. All the best.
ReplyDelete