Sunday, October 9, 2011

Green Eggs

Check out these in-a-box with-a-fox eggs. Ashlyn and Reuben downed these things. I'd say Nate did too except there were none left for him when he got here; that's how much the kids loved them. This recipe comes from J. Seinfeld's Deceptively Delicious and it's indeed delicious. I was surprised that you really can't taste the spinach in them.


Here's how you do it:

  • 2 tsp. trans-fat-free soft tub margarine spread (I used olive oil)
  • 1 lb. baby spinach, washed and drained
  • 3 T. milk
  • 4 large eggs
  • 2 large egg whites
  • pinch of S+P
Melt margarine in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the spinach, turn the heat to high, and cook, stirring often, until the spinach wilts. Then add the milk and cook to evaporate, 1 to 2 more minutes. Transfer to a food processor and puree; let cook a few minutes (make sure to let it cool a bit before you puree, otherwise it can explode in your blender -- or so i'm told). 

In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the puree and a pinch of salt.

Coat the same skillet with cooking spray and set the pan over medium heat. Add the remaining teaspoon margarine (I didn't do this) and heat until melted. Add the egg mixture, reduce heat to low, and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment